Important non-alcoholic beverage bottler and distributor in Mexico with national coverage. It has over 250 distribution centers (DC) and a fleet of over 11,000 distribution assets. The company has an extensive network of suppliers and business partners. It has a diverse portfolio of carbonated and non-carbonated beverage brands, as well as bottled water. Additionally, it has shown a strong commitment to social responsibility by implementing initiatives to support education, sports, and the environment.
About this challenge:
Inventory Counting at Distribution Centers
A non-alcoholic beverage bottler and distributor in Mexico has high heterogeneity across its +250 distribution centers (DCs) and the products they handle. Currently, inventory counting is done visually by personnel on a daily basis. This manual process consumes resources and time. They aim to streamline this process using low-cost technology that can also provide information for better decision-making.
- How can we facilitate the visual inventory counting process using technology?
- How can we automate the inventory counting process?
- How can we monitor real-time inventory changes using technology?
- How can we decrease counting time while increasing accuracy through technology?
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Counting time
- Accuracy of inventory count calculation (alignment with actual count)
- Integrated SKU identification for quick real-time inventory counting
- Different packaging configurations for bottles (varying quantities), which need to be counted